Here’s a summary from our podcast interview with Master Hospice Practitioner Karen Wyatt and her insights about spirituality in end of life situations.
- Intro 8:00
- What drives Karen in her spiritual work 9:15
- How her medical practice affected her spirituality 10:25
- Being a spiritual physician 13:15
- Introducing spiritual concepts in hospice situations 16:40
- End of life situations and family involvement 18:16
- Karen’s book, What Really Matters 19:55
- Karen’s own family caregiving experience 21:30
- Family caregiving and spirituality 24:12
- Karen’s advice on spirituality and end of life 25:00
- What’s next for Karen and how to get in touch with her 26:35
You can hear Karen’s interview in the episode Rollright Stones Saved by Timelord / Master Hospice Practitioner Karen Wyatt / Waiting in Line on Apple Podcasts, on Google Play Music, or on the Spiritual Fizz website.
Karen Wyatt is a retired family physician who has founded a free medical clinic in a homeless shelter, accompanied three medical-mission teams to Honduras, testified before the U.S. Senate on integrated medical care, and developed a Creative Healing initiative to integrate spirituality into traditional medical practice.
Today, Karen is an author and public speaker who shares the insightful stories of hospice and end-of-life patients, and helps people achieve spiritual healing. She is also the author of What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying, and The Tao of Death: The Secret to a Rich and Meaningful Life. Both are available on Amazon.
You can find out more about Karen at her website.
You can find out about all of our featured guests on our Great Guests page.
You can reach Russell through Facebook or Twitter, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Russell Suereth (see all)
- Spiritual Landscape of Denali - March 4, 2018
- Spiritual Reflections: Peace that Always Existed - March 4, 2018
- Spiritual Events and Observances – March 4th, 2018 - March 4, 2018