Here’s a summary from our podcast interview with spiritual care counselor John Connor and his spiritual insights.
- Intro 5:18
- The suffering John sees in hospice 6:46
- John’s own suffering and his subsequent road trip 11:40
- Asking people for their insights on the trip 15:04
- To be helpful to others 16:50
- The gold in the wound 24:20
- Seeing a new way through pain 29:55
- John’s new book and project 31:58
- How to get in touch with John 33:49
You can listen to this podcast interview in the episode Spiritual Starkness of Skellig Michael / Spiritual Care Counselor John Connor / Spiritual Insights Inside Us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or on the Spiritual Fizz website.
John Connor is author of “The Straightjacket of Perfectionism: How to Stop Chasing ‘Perfect’ and Finally Achieve Your Greatest Goals”, available at Amazon. He has worked for the last 12 years as a spiritual care counselor in hospice, and is an ordained minister in the Unity church denomination. John was profiled in The Washington Post and other publications, and his article writing has been published most recently in the Huffington Post. Leading workshops on overcoming perfectionism is a favorite for John.
You can read more about John at his website.
You can find out about all of our featured guests on our Great Guests page.
He is also an award-winning artist who creates spiritual New Age music that elevates the sense of spirituality in his listeners.
You can reach Russell through Facebook or Twitter, or via email at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Russell Suereth (see all)
- Spiritual Events and Observances – July 5th, 2018 - July 8, 2018
- Spiritual Events and Observances – June 24th, 2018 - July 8, 2018
- Spiritual Events and Observances – June 10th, 2018 - June 11, 2018